Friday, June 04, 2004

So I'm worried that I'll jinx myself if I even say this, but I had a pretty much vertigo-free day today. It's been better for a few days, not necessarily in terms of severity, but definitely in terms of frequency. And today it was pretty much gone. I even went running, which would have been unthinkable a week ago. I'm going to try to hold off for a few days before I make too much of this, but I'm pretty excited about it.

In other news, my brother's wedding is the day after tomorrow. This is not going to be fun. It's actually the first of two weddings: the real one, with the reception and the extended family and the bridesmaid dress which was not designed for someone with my body type, is in October. This is the one for the bride's father, who is dying. He has been given weeks to live, and there's a possibility that they'll have to have the wedding at his hospital bed instead of in the pretty garden gazebo that my brother and his fiance managed to find on short notice. He wants to see his daughter married, so there's going to be a wedding, albeit a horribly sad and probably excruciatingly painful one. I can't decide whether I'm an awful person for not being able to feign enthusiasm for a supposedly happy event which is only occurring because of an indisputably tragic one. Actually, I'm sure I will be able to feign enthusiasm, and I will. But I'm not even going to try until tomorrow, because I think there's probably a limit to my ethusiasm-feigning, and I'm going to wait to start until I am actually in the same state as any of the people involved.

In the meantime, I'm at my parents' house, which has been quite enjoyable. I think we may all be too busy dreading the wedding to argue. Incidentally, my parents have AOL, and I am never going to say nasty things about AOL again, because I have discovered Radio@AOL, and it is a thing of beauty. Since I was last here, they have added several genius stations, including "Germany Rocks", Goth, IndieGrrls and Melancholia. I am currently listening to Bela Lugosi's Dead by Bauhaus on the '80s Alternative channel. Bela Lugosi's Dead! Fucking genius, I tell you.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?