Wednesday, September 22, 2004

I'm thinking about joining my university's new master's swim team. "Master's", for those not in the know, is sports-speak for "old people". My university has an ordinary swim team for undergrads and a master's swim program for grad students, faculty and staff. I really enjoy swimming, and since I'm a terrible swimmer, I'd like to get some help improving the many, many things that are wrong with my form. And the brochure I picked up swears that it's open to everyone, "regardless of ability level." But it also specifically mentions triathletes and "former competitive swimmers." I'm not a former competitive anything, and I don't think I ever progressed above the "Advanced Beginner" stage in the Red Cross thingie that we did in summer camp. Also, the workouts are an hour and a half, which is about three times as long as I usually swim. Does this sound like a good idea?

Oh, and if you want to make your workout seem really easy, watch Lost while you're on the elliptical machine. Fastest hour of my life.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?