Friday, September 03, 2004

So the good news is that I do not have hepatitis. The bad news, which is not nearly as bad as the good news is good, is that I seem to be puking on a semi-regular basis. That's unpleasant, but it can't hold a candle to having autoimmune hepatitis, because guess what the treatment for that is? You got it: prednisone. Often for the rest of your life. And that's assuming that your liver isn't already too damaged, in which case it's a liver transplant, followed by prednisone. I'm really very glad that I don't have hepatitis.

It's not clear why I'm nauseous all the time, but the rheumatologist doesn't seem overly concerned. (I think she was overly concerned about hepatitis, because she must have ordered a rush test. I got the results the next day.) She gave me a bunch of pills for acid reflux, and I'm supposed to get back to her in three weeks if that doesn't work.

Is that way too much information?

Did anyone else catch this New York Times article, in which a business reporter goes to the San Francisco Apple store to do man-on-the-street interviews about the new iMacs, and the man on the street turns out to be former 49ers quarterback Joe Montana? Montana's family owns at least five Macs, according to the article, and he uses Mac's videoconferencing system to keep in touch with his daughter in college. Apparently Apple doesn't even have to pay for its celebrity endorsments!

You need a password to access the article. It's really not that exciting, but if you want to read it, you can use the password that bugmenot gave me. It's
username: xxgeo
password: 1234


Comments:
Ugh. Well, at least it isn't the autoimmune hepatitis. Jesus, if I had to be on prednisone for my entire life, I'd be such a witch I'd probably end up with no friends at all! And also look very unattractive, and have a constant craving for tuna. The only time I even like tuna is when I'm on prednisone. The rest of the time, I can't stand it. Autoimmune diseases suck.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?