Saturday, October 30, 2004

So much for optimism. I suspect that Osama fucking bin Laden has just won the election for Bush. Democrats and left-leaning bloggers are trying to spin this as good for Kerry, but I don't see how it could be. It renews the focus on terrorism, and most Americans think Bush is better on terrorism than Kerry. This is idiotic, but it is still true.

I really need to calm down a little bit about the election. I'm not sure being this invested is entirely good for my mental health. Must remember: we survived 1919. Well, most of us did. This too will pass.

Comments:
I don't know about that - I think it looks a lot like Osama WANTS Bush to win the election, knowing how ham-fistedly Bush handled the 9/11 situation. But I don't know how many other people see it that way. Damn it, why can't foreigners vote in this election?? -Sofiya, too lazy to sign in
 
Well, it looks like I underestimated the American people, because it doesn't seem to have made much difference. Although you never know if people are going to vote the way they say in polls.

Don't worry: even if they let foreigners vote, you couldn't make much difference in Texas. Wait, is that a comforting thought or a depressing one?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?