Friday, November 19, 2004

I have had a seriously crappy day, and it's not just that I'm nauseous. (They never did figure out what is causing my nausea. I think they got distracted by the dry eyes. And they don't know what's causing that, either. It could be another autoimmune thingie, or I could just have dry eyes.) I was so nervous about the appointment with my advisor to talk about changing my dissertation topic that I didn't sleep last night. And then she stood me up. I sat around for fifteen minutes waiting for her to show up, and then I called her at home. She sounded surprised to hear from me, and then she said "oh, I'm working on something, and I completely forgot about office hours." We're going to meet on Monday. Which is great. I'm really looking forward to three more sleepless nights. And that's assuming she condescends to show up on Monday.

Then I was supposed to have a meeting with a prof and another student to talk about a conference we're organizing. The prof said to meet him in his office, so I dutifully showed up at the office listed for him in the university directory. Nobody was there. So I ran downstairs to the department office and asked if there was anywhere else he might be. They said he had an office in an institute clear across campus, so I ran over there, and he wasn't there either. I assume that the meeting was at another institute with which he's affiliated, but they don't even have their address on their website. It's all very top secret. So I ran around campus in the rain for no reason, and I still missed the stupid meeting. And I'm exhausted. And I don't know where my dissertation is going. And I feel like I'm going to puke.

Yeah, I know. Whine, whine, whine. But what use is a blog if you can't whine every once in a while?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?