Saturday, January 22, 2005

I'm in a lousy mood. I've been in a lousy mood for days, and I'm dealing with it by whining a lot and baiting trolls on feministing First of all, it's snowing, and while snow is lovely, it's also very cold. And I don't deal well with cold. I used to think that I was cold-blooded. Now, thanks to the miracle of rheumatology, I know that I have Raynaud's phenomenon and livedo reticularis (Note: you may find the livedo pictures gross. Which is to say, you may find me gross, at least when I'm cold. Sorry about that.) Neither of these things is particularly serious or rare, but they do mean that it hurts to be cold. I used to wonder why I was the only person I knew whose ears felt like they were going to fall off when it got below about 50. Now I know. So anyway, I hate the cold, and I've been holed up in my apartment for two days.

Also, I kind of feel like shit. Yesterday I had a back ache, and it seems to have morphed into an everything-ache. Because everything aches, I can't sleep. Despite my now-almost-entirely-lactose-free diet, my stomach is bothering me. I have an itchy rash. I'm tired, I ache, I itch, I feel like I'm going to puke, and it's all very annoying.

So I'm spending the night cooking, watching T.V., and downloading embarassing pop tunes from iTunes. Seriously embarassing: I just downloaded Britney Spears's "Toxic." I feel a little better already.

Incidentally, I'm watching a BBC profile of ice dancing team John and Sinead Kerr, who are siblings. And I'm thinking that's a little sketchy. Isn't there a kind of couple-y vibe to ice dancing?

Comments:
There was another famous brother & sister ice dancing team in the late 80s/early 90s -- Isabelle & Paul Duschenay.

Joan
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?