Monday, June 20, 2005

I'm currently working on the kind of knitting project that drives real knitters batty. I went to the craft store the other day, and they were having a sale on something called "Fun Fur", which the website describes as a "novelty eyelash yarn." So I bought myself some Fun Fur in hot pink, some extremely fine yarn in sparkly silver, and some huge-ass plastic knitting needles, and I am holding the sparkly stuff and the furry stuff together to knit myself a scarf. This represents pretty much everything that is wrong with today's young, pseudo-hip knitters: it's easy, it's silly, it's not particularly practical, and it's a fun knitting project mostly because it takes no skill or thought. And yet I am loving it. My scarf, which is knitting up super fast, looks a bit like it's made from a snuffalufagus pelt. I will have to inform passers by that no muppets were harmed in the making of my fabulous, shiny, furry scarf. I am sort of tempted to make sparkly "Fun Fur" scarves for everyone on my Channukah list, including my dad.

I think there's something wrong with me.

In other news, I decided that my exercise program was unbalanced because I'm not really doing anything to work my abs or my back and because I'm unflexible, so today I went to a pilates class. And now I can't move. It was seriously the most painful thing I have done in my life. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to stick with it, because anything that makes me this sore has to be good for me. Also, since my vertigo is a bit better, I have started swimming again. So far, I have not drowned.

And that, folks, is what's going on in my life. I apologize for not having anything more interesting to tell you about.

Comments:
Drape the result over your nearest knitting snob in their sleep.
 
Сожалею, однако ничем не могу помочь. Я знаю, Вы найдёте верное решение. Не отчаивайтесь. [url=http://profvesti.ru/o-stroitelstve/51-sovremennoye-stroitelstvo.html]ремонт квартир работа[/url]
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?