Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day

I've had a day that was replete with suckitude. It was so bad, in fact, that I am too exhausted by its grimness to adequately explicate all the drama. Suffice it to say that the key source of badness was that my advisor called me at 3:15 this afternoon to say that she needed someone to present a paper at a workshop on Thursday and that she thought I should produce a chapter of my dissertation, which I have researched but not yet started to write, by 5 PM tomorrow. She thought that if I stayed up all night and called in sick to work tomorrow morning, I could certainly get it done on time.

I am not, in fact, staying up all night in a crazed attempt to write a chapter of my dissertation in 24 hours. It took a lot of weasling to get out of it, and I have now confirmed that stress makes my vertigo much, much worse. But I can go to sleep now, which is nice.

Would someone like to lend me a sane advisor? Please?

Comments:
Can't help on that count, i'm afraid.
 
I think one of the requirements of the job is that they're completely bananas. Mine, as you know, was only visiting Earth from a faraway planet.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?